The perfect way to expand your living space outside and add elegance and beauty to your home at night is to design exterior lighting. When done correctly, outdoor lighting in Florida will highlight architectural and landscape features on your home’s exterior. It will also increase safety and security.
Laying out the Design
When designing a scheme for your Florida outdoor lighting, it is important to consider the placement of fixtures. Place the fixtures in a way that highlights the exterior of your house without creating dark areas. Your home will look more dramatic if you use light from different heights.
There are many things you should consider when choosing fixtures for your Florida outdoor lighting.
- The Finish – It is important that your lights can withstand the Florida heat and humid climate. Quoizel’s Coastal Armour line is our favorite. These fixtures are durable and less susceptible to fading. They also have a non-corrosive finish. This is an important feature to consider when you install outdoor lighting in Orlando.
- The Style – Mixing uplighting, ceiling-mounted, and wall-mounted lighting creates a lighting scheme that is dramatic and has dimension. Layering light sources can be used indoors and outdoors.
- LED Bulbs – LEDs are available in many color temperatures. Choosing the wrong one can make your landscape look unnatural and sickly. To create a natural tone, we recommend using a warm-toned LED bulb.
It is crucial to plan your outdoor lighting design carefully. These are some common mistakes you should avoid when choosing fixtures and designing your outdoor lighting scheme.
- Too many or too few lights can make your layout look cluttered. Too many lights can cause dark spots to appear in your front yard, and too few will make your outside space look drab. This will most likely lead to complaints from neighbors.
- You shouldn’t choose a fixture that isn’t weather-resistant. You should ensure that your lighting fixture can withstand Florida’s heat and humidity.
- The wrong LEDs. To avoid your outdoor space looking unnatural, make sure your LEDs are warm-toned.
- The wrong lighting store. LD Lighting of Orlando is your best choice for outdoor lighting. LD Lighting of Orlando has everything you need for a beautiful outdoor space.
This article was written by a lighting specialist at LD lighting. LD Lighting was Established in 2017 and is located in Central Florida, LD Lighting offers services in screen enclosure lighting, pool lighting, outdoor entertainment, and Landscape Lighting In Brandon FL. We promise to give you the best quality of work and bring your ideas to life.