Whether you’re aspiring to be the architect of your dream home or simply want to find the best interior or exterior designer in your neighborhood. These 5 best mobile apps can fix you up with almost anything. From finding the perfect pair for your kid’s bedroom to finding the perfect floor type and counter top material, the list has it all.
- Thumbtack: While some people like to practice skills on their own, others simply want to hire a pro. This app is for people belonging to the second category. From cleaning crews and plumbing professionals to builders, dog walkers, and wedding photographers. There’s nothing you won’t find on Thumbtack. The creators of the app have really diversified the range of services offered by the app allowing you to book estate planners, songwriters, math tutors, makeup artists or even a logo designer, all from the same app.
- TapPainter: Thinking of painting your new apartment or repainting a boring wall? Choose from a plethora of paint colors including Benjamin Moore, Behr, California Paints, Dunn Edwards, Dutch Boy, Sherwin Williams, Kelly Moore and many others and select the best paint for your wall. Although the app only offers it magic for interior design, the app’s UI is one of a kind. All you have to do is upload the picture of the wall or room you want to paint and the app will use its analytics to scan the interior lighting, register it and adjust the color brightness in accordance to your room’s picture. Once that’s done simply select the color, tap and start painting.
- HomeAdvisor: As the name suggests, the app helps you find the perfect advisor for anything related to home improvement. It can be remodeling your Kitchen or Bathroom, roofing, painting, cleaning and maid services, fixing windows, plumbing, pest control, handyman services, gardening, fencing or simply fixing a broken tile. While the list goes on to cover many more services, it safe to say they’ve got your home improvement problems covered. You can assess the credibility of these professionals by reading verified ratings and reviews from real customers and even compare the ones that meet your needs. With True Cost Guide, the app offers you to see costs of installation, remodeling or repair for hundreds of home projects executed via the app.
- BrightNest – Home Tips & Ideas: Wired Magazine calls it a “Like Lifehacker for your home.” And, we couldn’t agree more. BrightNest offers you a plethora of home improvement tips including simple cleaning tricks, interior design ideas and more. Each of these tips is customized to your needs and unique traits (like floor type and countertop material) of your house. The UI of the app is simplistic and intuitive and offers a gaming element to its app with a Home Quiz. Your answers are then used as analysis to offer you tailor-made tips and helpful articles. All of which you can save or schedule for later. What’s even crazier is that this digital magician won’t cost you a dime on the App Stores.
- Chairish Buy & Sell Home Decor: Wondering where to buy or sell furniture and vintage art? Your search ends with Chairish. If you’re a seller, selling your old furniture is as simple as clicking a snap. Simply post the picture of your product, pen down a description, pick a price and get notified when an offer rolls in. For buyers, the app offers a plethora of choices ranging from Shop top brands like Knoll, Drexel, DWR, and Restoration Hardware to favorite styles like Mid-Century Modern, Boho Chic, Hollywood Regency, and more. The app has scored praises from critics like Architectural Digest, Apartment Therapy, and Lonny. The home renovation app was even named as one of the 10 Best Home Design Apps to Download in 2017 by Domino. With “No listing fees,”